How we look at reviews

Have you asked the council for a Crisis Grant or a Community Care Grant and are unhappy with its decision? If you are still unhappy after the council’s first tier review, you can ask us for an independent review.

What we can decide

We can decide:

  • to change part or all of the council’s decision
  • to tell the council to make a new decision, or
  • not to change the council’s decision in any way.

We won’t reduce or take away any award the council has given you.

More detailed information

We also have more detailed information on our Information for Advisers page. This includes our Leaflet for Advisers, our Case Handling Guidance and other policy and procedures documents.

Updated: March 31, 2016